Ambient WS1400-IP

AC5CV Weather: Waco, TX

81.5°F – SSE @ 5.1 mph
Fri   2017-10-20   2:36 PM

Sunrise: 06:39 • Sunset: 17:47
Moon: 0% New Moon 

TODAY
Thunder
HI: 78
SATURDAY
Thunder
HI: 85
LO: 70
SUNDAY
Thunder
HI: 75
LO: 62
MONDAY
Sunny
HI: 80
LO: 48
TUESDAY
Sunny
HI: 72
LO: 52
WEDNESDAY
Sunny
HI: 75
LO: 48
THURSDAY
Sunny
HI: 78
LO: 48


Raspberry Pi serving my weather station

Temperature (°F)
Wind Speed (mph)
Wind Direction (180° = South)
Thanks to KWTX    ( 20 Oct 2017 02:30 pm)
Scattered Rain And Storms This Weekend

From Sean Bellafiore:

Moisture continues to stream into Central Texas ahead of Sunday morning's cold front, setting up for a pair of humid days with scattered rain Friday and Saturday. Don't expect much sunshine this afternoon as skies remain partly to mostly cloudy. In addition to the lack of sunshine, scattered rain and a few non-severe thunderstorms may move through Central Texas this afternoon with rain chances today near 40%.

Overnight tonight, skies remain mostly cloudy with overnight lows in the upper 60s and lower 70s. Most of Central Texas will likely not see rain this evening as afternoon storms should wane after sunset, but a few isolated rain showers may form during the morning hours Saturday. Highs Saturday should easily climb into the middle 80s with partly to mostly cloudy skies. It will be a very humid day Saturday and heat index values may approach 90°. A few isolated storms may form Saturday afternoon, mainly east of I-35. If any storms form Saturday afternoon, they may become severe, possibly containing large hail and strong wind gusts. Overall storms chances Saturday afternoon are only near 30% and most areas of Central Texas will likely miss out on rain.

Rain chances remain low for the remainder of Saturday evening, near 20% through 12am, but rain chances will jump to near 80% early Sunday morning with the arrival of a cold front in our western counties around 3 AM. A line of showers and potentially strong thunderstorms will march across Central Texas through the morning hours Sunday, exiting our far eastern counties around 10 AM. The line of thunderstorms will likely bring heavy rain, frequent lightning, wind gusts near 65 MPH, small hail, and possibly an isolated tornado or two. The overall severe weather risk is LOW for Central Texas, but since the line of storms will arrive during the pre-dawn hours Sunday, be sure to have a way to receive severe weather warnings during the night.

After the cold front moves through Sunday morning, high temperatures may only climb into the middle 70s with strong northerly winds during the day. High temperatures should rebound into the upper 70s and lower 80s Monday, but another cold front will arrive Tuesday morning, helping to reinforce cooler air in Central Texas. Tuesday's front comes through dry, so no rain is in the forecast. Temperatures Tuesday drop into the middle 70s with upper 70s returning Wednesday. Highs climb back into the upper 70s and lower 80s Thursday, but another cold front will likely arrive late Thursday or Friday and will likely bring Central Texas the coolest weather we've seen this fall with highs Friday potentially in the 60s.

Texas Radar Map
CORAD web page

Extended Forecast
Waco Pollen Counts from KWTX
Pollen Count Graphic

National Temperature Map from MesoNet
National Temperature Map
Radar image from KWTX
Animated Radar (Waco, TX)
(requires Web access)

RPi-logo
Powered by Raspberry Pi